Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hello world!

Dear reader

As a first post i shall give you an idea into what i think this blog is all about. But first a small introduction: My name is Jurriën Bakker and I'm a Dutch student of Innovation Sciences at the university of Eindhoven (aka TU/e). Before that I did a bachelor of applied physics so some ideas from these studies will make it to this blog.

This blog is in general about the complexity of the world around us. I think that in the media and in most of our world view not enough attention is devoted to how complex most systems in the world actually are. This feeling also originates from the fact that I am a 'complexity' economist, and have dedicided to study complex economic systems. But describing the world alone is not enough for me, I want to improve it. And that is where you come in my dear reader: I want to discuss ways with you of changing some of the things that we have grown to accept. My strong believe is in discussion and i hope that you will engage on the subjects that i discuss over here.

Of course this blog is not the only nice place to read interesting things about the world. My good friend Ryan hosts this nice blog on science and technology: and if you like this blog i advise you to check it out.

Yours

Jurriën

1 comment: